Pages

Sunday 29 January 2012

Testing, testing...win!

Hope you've all good weekends. Got something special on the blog today - because Sundays are good!

For the past month I've been testing a couple of products I was very kindly sent. The first is Trilogy Vital Mosturising cream SPF15 (RRP £24.50). I have quite sensitive skin that is rather prone to the old breakouts so I was interested in trying this skin that promises to lock in moisture and restore elasticity. The cream itself is incredibly rich and contains evening primrose oil and organic rosehip oil. Plus has SPF15, which, of course, is very good!


It is the sort of cream you can apply before going to bed and you wake up, still feeling like you have it on. For me, the cream is probably a little too rich to use on a daily basis, but it would be great if you suffer from very dry skin. After I've been on a night out, come home, and taken off my layers of make up, this is the perfect time for Trilogy to come to the rescue to rehydrate my knackered chops! On the website it suggests using one of the other moisturisers as a hydrating mask, applied in a 2mm layer, left for half an hour or so, then rinsed - I think this would work equally well with this product, I might try this next time I have a pamper sesh.

If you like the look of Trilogy you can check out their website here: trilogyproducts.com, where you can also learn more about brand founders, sisters Sarah & Catherine.


The other product I've been giving a thorough testing to, is Barefoot SOS Soothing Face and Body Wash (RRP £16). Reportedly a favourite of Frankie Sandford off The Saturdays, this wash is especially for very dry and sensitive skin. I suffer from eczema on my legs, and this time of year it is particularly bad, so I was hoping this might help.

This creamy formula contains jojoba and evening primrose oil (is there some sort of evening primrose oil revolution going on that I've missed?) which are meant to condition and soften skin, vitamin B5 and allantoin to maintain skin's moisture level, plus chickweed and burdock botanical extract to cool and soothe. 

One of the other, more obvious ingredients, is geranium and lemon tea tree essential oil, which smells amazing. Clean and bright, the smell is a gentle wake up and (perhaps weirdly) reminds me of citronella - which I quite like! I can't say I've noticed a massive difference from using this product on my face, but on my legs it certainly seems to have calmed down my eczema. Because Barefoot is really mild you might also notice it doesn't lather-up when mixed with water, which does mean you tend to use more per-use, than you probably would with most body washes. I really like the clean simple packaging too. I'd definitely recommend this product if you have sensitive skin, suffer from any dry skin conditions, or equally if you just fancy trying a more mild face and body wash.

Find out more about Barefoot SOS here: barefoot-botanicals.com.

Luckily for you I've got both the Barefoot SOS Soothing Face and Body Wash, worth £16, and also a Barefoot SOS Daily Rich Body Lotion, worth £22, to give away to one reader!

How to enter:

♥ You must follow this blog via Goggle Connect or Blog Lovin'

♥ Leave a comment below telling me you'd like to enter the competition

♥ For an extra entry Tweet:
  "I'm entering @Fashion_Bandit's Barefoot SOS competition to win some products. You can enter here: http://bit.ly/zeCI4f"

You've got seven days to enter - I'll be closing the competition Sunday 5th February 7pm.

Good luck all!





1 comment:

Talk to me, I ♥ reading your comments.