Pages

Sunday 4 March 2012

I have an announcement to make...


Last week my lovely fella, James, and I went to Bath for a couple of days to celebrate our  anniversary, and while we were there he popped THE question!

...oh, and I said yes.

So, you must be wondering why I'm wearing a Harribo ring, instead of a massive sparkler of a diamond? Well my man knows me so well, he knew I'd want to help choose my own ring. So while we had breakfast in the hotel, over-looking the golf course he presented me with this token.

Sweetie ring, and us, in Bath, on the day we got engaged

Since then we've been looking for rings, but not found the one yet, at least not in our budget, because we must remember there will still be a wedding to pay for, which is sort of the whole point of getting engaged, non? Going out looking again this afternoon, we'll be scouring antique shops today - because I want something that both a little bit different, and that will suit my big spade hands. Afterall, I plan to wear it forever...

 Still lots to think about, including the hows, wheres and whens, but we are hoping to perhaps get married next year. Fret not though - although wedding fever may grip me and get the occasional mention here - FashionBandit will not be turning into a wedding blog. There will still be all the usual random bits and pieces!

Wish me luck for ring shopping...


3 comments:

  1. Eeek, amazing! I love the haribo ring, what a lovely gesture that you can choose the perfect ring- hope you find it :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!!! Amazing news, so happy for you both.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, I ♥ reading your comments.