Pages

Monday 1 October 2012

Sparkle with a little denim...



Hey all! Today's post is an entry for an amazing competition currently running with Sparkle blog and New Look. The competition: to put together a New Look outfit with a pair of jeans from their new range. The prize: a pair of jeans and £200 to spend in store for the top winner, and nine runners up prizes of jeans, pretty cool eh?

I don't normally enter these sorts of competitions, but I was swayed to try this time because I bought a pair of New Look jeans 18 months ago - and they are the best fitting jeans I have had in YEARS. No lie. Also, unlike certain high street fashion retailers, New Look's jeans are really reasonably priced - most around the £25 mark.

I am really loving all the studded collars about at the minute, and I'm wearing lots of shirts and leaning towards a bit of a grungy style, so used this as my inspiration for the above outfit. I also thought - what would I spend the £200 on if I won it? So I have made sure that the entire outfit to go with the jeans, all from New Look, brings me to the £200 total (well, £199.94, if you must know).

The studded blouse is really pretty as well as being a bit rocky, so I thought this would look lush tucked into some high waisted skinnies. I chose high waisted because although I have a pair of high waisted jeans, they are bootcut, and therefore look a bit dated. As I have managed to get down to my goal dress-size,which is a 10, I think I'd now have the confidence to wear a pair of these!

I've paired these with some neat Chelsea boots, which would be really versatile  and a gorgeous leather biker jacket. I already have a leather biker, which I have had for about five years, but it is my most-worn item, by far. So although this jacket quite expensive, price-per-wear I think it would be a good investment. The dark blue clutch would just tie together the colour of the jeans with the rest of the outfit and a little gold-coloured jewellery adds the finishing touches. What do you think?

Other ways I'd wear these jeans:

  • With a men's patterned T-shirt tucked in and a retro headscarf
  • With a bustier/bralet type top and floral heels
  • With a plain white vest top and heaps of jewellery
  • With flat ankle boots and a chunky knit
You can find the New Look jeans I've featured: HERE. Would you like to enter the competition? You can find out more: HERE.

How would you wear them? Have you bought New Look jeans before, what did you think? Are you tempted to enter the competition?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, I ♥ reading your comments.