Pages

Sunday 10 March 2013

Not such an Irregular Choice...




























A couple of months ago I was lucky enough to win a competition run by shoe-dream-weavers, Irregular Choice, to win a pair of their fabulous shoes.

I have been an Irregular Choice fan for years, but only actually own one pair of their shoes, a pair of beautiful gold ankle boots, which although I have had them for about five years, are still going strong. The Irregular Choice brand was dreamt up by the incredibly creative Dan Sullivan about 12 years ago. Since then his wild and imaginative shoes have won him fans around the world, including several celebs, Jessie J and Katy Perry anyone?

Unsurprisingly these are not the cheapest of shoes, but for their quality and creativeness I think they are reasonably priced, (expect to pay £70 plus for heeled styles).  When I won the competition I literally jumped around my kitchen like a total loon. I was on my own apart from the cat, and she ran for cover.

With my wedding just a few months away I initially opted for a pair of 'Mrs Lower' shoes that I thought I could wear on my big day, but when they arrived, I wasn't feeling it. There were a couple of little manufacturing faults, and being a perfectionist, I just wasn't happy enough with them to wear on the day. I didn't want to seem ungrateful, after-all they were a competition prize, but I fed back to the customer service team that I was disappointed   Luckily the team were really helpful and assured me this was a one-off problem, arranged for the collection of the shoes and offered me a new pair.

I did consider getting a new faultless pair, but in the end I decided the 'Mrs Lower' shoes weren't right for the wedding, so a chose something a bit different...a pair of 'Mandarin' boots. Not for the wedding...obvs. I believe they were about £175, I can't link to them unfortunately, as they were in the sale and have since become unavailable.

Anyhow, you can see them in the above photos, with the distinctive Irregular Choice painted sole! I love the slightly Aztec-style print and chunky block wedge...oh and they also have a super-snugly furry lining. As a wee bonus, they sent me a robot shopper bag too - happy days.

I am totally in love with my new shoes, unusual they might be, but that is the beauty of Irregular Choice.

Do you like? What would you have chosen? Anyone else an Irregular Choice fan?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, I ♥ reading your comments.