Pages

Thursday 17 April 2014

What I Wore: Guns & Roses for a Spring Wedding




I have been lucky enough to be invited to a bunch of lovely weddings this year - and at the very end of March I attended a fabulous spring wedding.

The bride and groom I have known since I was in 6th form college, and it only occurred to me a couple of months before their wedding that there might be other people I went to college with in attendance too! As it turned out we were seated with the groom's gang of mates, and their wives. Talk about a flash from the past! The best thing was, they were all just as lovely, more than ten years on. We had a great day, the wedding was beautiful and it was good catching up with friends from years gone by.

Outfit:

For the day I decided to wear a bright pop of colour with this fabulous Hell Bunny Desperado 50s style fitted dress. With blooms of yellow pink and red roses, pistols, skulls and Mexican ladies, it may not have been the most a traditional choice for a wedding guest outfit! After having my bridesmaids in Hell Bunny dresses for my wedding (more on that at a later date) I have become rather a big fan of the brand - particularly for their rockabilly style clothing and dresses.

The shape of the dress mean finding a cover-up to go with it was challenging, but I eventually found this gorgeous cropped sky blue cardigan from ASOS. The shoes I bought last summer are by Mel (part of the Melissa brand that make the fabulous Vivienne Westwood shoes I wore on my wedding day - again more of that at a later date). Out of everywhere I looked to find an affordable clutch bag - New Look saved the day, they had so many to choose from, I couldn't find anything appropriate anywhere else on the high street - but in New Look I had a choice of three bags that would work with my outfit. I finally settled on this nude one to match my shoes and it only cost £8.99 too!

My 'Hello Sailor' nautical necklace is an old favourite from Topshop - I love a bit of tongue-in-cheek kitsch jewellery. 

Hair & Make up:

I pin curled my hair for the occasion and wore a floral headpiece I'd made especially to match my dress. After I made floral hairband for my wedding last summer I thought I'd do this again as I really enjoyed it. I also made a floral crown so I'd have a choice on the day  - but went with the grouping of silk flowers instead as it worked better with my 50s inspired hair. I painted a set of false nails to match my outfit with a graduated pink ombre effect and statement nail with freehand nail art roses to co-ordinate with the frock.

I was really pleased with the way the final outfit all came together and now I have another wedding outfit to plan for a summer wedding!



What are you planning to wear to any weddings this year? Are there any brands you are currently loving?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, I ♥ reading your comments.